LWRCI M6A2

LWRCI M6A2

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Every now and then as I learn information I’d like to share it with everyone. Some of it interesting, funny or just plain cool. As I come across it, when I think I have enough, I’ll post it with links if I can. Recently when at a gun show I ran across some very cool looking guns made by Volquartsen. Without a better way to describe them, these are pretty “Sick”. They produce custom firearms in very specific calibers. I’m particularly interested in the centerfire .223 caliber rifles. They are produced with custom stocks and custom machined barrels. Mix and match to your liking. Follow the link to their site and take a look.

This interest of mine is expensive. It helps to be thrifty, there are a number of sites that I peruse when I look for additions or accessories. Here’s a list to start with:

AR15.com – a great site for AR15 information, lots of links to manufacturers and information about the AR.

Cheaperthandirt.com – they carry a plethora (he said plethora, yes I said plethora, enough about plethora) of parts, accessories, ammunition, tools, knives, holsters, all kinds of gear.

MidwayUSA.com –for the more serious shooter, they have everything for shooting, reloading of ammunition, gunsmithing and hunting.

Gandermountain.com – Initially, I considered them the Wal-Mart of sporting goods, lately their pricing hasn’t been as competitive as it used to be. They are more in line with Bass Pro Shops or Cabelas. They carry a large line of hunting, fishing and camping goods. They also offer a good selection of new and used guns. I visit so often my father-in-law says I should have stock in the place. It’s still a good place to look and touch a product and then see if you can find cheaper online.

Ammoengine.com – this is my most recent discovery and helps me maintain a level of thriftiness. The website collects data on ammunition prices found all over the internet. There is information on handgun, rifle and rimfire cartridges. Its broken down to the lowest common denominator price per single round or bullet. For instance, I can select a rifle round in the .223 caliber. I find that the website CheaperThanDirt has some for as low as $0.24 a round. Very helpful when it comes to restocking your supplies.

Those are my gems for now. I’ll post more I as I come across them.

No comments:

Post a Comment